Friday, September 29, 2006

Today's Earworm - Sorry, Wendy, you got here too late, and I don't know that one anyway - is "Eddystone Light." It was triggered by mailing something to someone who lives on "Eddy St." I haven't even heard "Eddystone Light" in years, so I'm not sure why it decided to pop up today. But there it was! So I'm walking around singing it cheerfully, fake Cornish accent and all, aloud, and blushing whenever anyone catches me.

Today's Outfit - yes, I'm once again describing an outfit. But it's an exceptionally cute one, dangit! We got a free jeans day at work, which is nice. So I'm wearing a pair of bootcut faded Levis with a long dark brown tank top with sequins on it, and a dark blue jacket with dark brown sequins. Normally I'd wear it with brown high-heeled loafers, but we got to wear sneakers today (an exceedingly rare event at work), so I'm wearing my totally non-matching but totally comfortable dark blue and silver and white Reeboks.

Today's Insult to Injury - I think I'm getting sick. Lemme tell ya, that just sucks all the way to last Tuesday. I got back from lunch with a scratchy throat and the "ahems" that don't clear it out. I was gonna go spend the night with my adorable sister, leaving my equally adorable husband the freedom to play his guitar as loud as he wants to! I was gonna go to a movie!

Clover's Injury to Injury to Insult to Injury - Her youngest son, Tate, broke his arm. I say no more. Just go visit her blog (link's on the right) if you feel like it, and give her some love. She needs it. I was planning to go by there this weekend, but don't dare, if it's true that I'm getting sick--she does NOT need my germs on top of everything else going on in her household!

Two new words I learned today - qwief, courtesy of Plimco, and emetephobia, courtesy of Nicole. I didn't know there were words for either of those things. I have qwieffed before, and never knew what it was called! And I have emetephobia, and didn't know that's what it's called! And now I do!

Two new poems I found this week, courtesy of Trista - "String Theory Sutra" by Brenda Hillman (I found this myself, while trying to puzzle out a riddle Trista posed), and "Why I Am Not a Painter" by Frank O'Hara (the real answer to the riddle Trista posed). Both are excellent poems. If you like poetry, go read 'em. You'll like 'em.

People I Love - Joe and Liz and Mom and Dad and Carol and Christa and Charles and Melissa and Sarah and Dale and Trista and Plimco and Sam Wright and Wendy and Nicole (and everybody else)

Dogs I Love - Molly and Baxter and Cydney (and everydoggy else)

2 comments:

Plimco said...

Hooray for the love! Hooray for having names for strange bodily functions! Hooray hooray hooray.

Sam said...

Awww, thank you! I'm pretty slow sometimes!
xoxox