Tuesday, September 12, 2006

The first ten songs on my iPod today are:

Foreigner, Urgent
Letters to Cleo, I Want You to Want Me
The Trammps, Disco Inferno
Robert Palmer, Simply Irresistible
François Feldman, Les Enfants d’Aujourd’Hui
Dean Martin, Volare
Billy Idol, White Wedding. Okay, I really like Billy Idol, even if he did steal his look from Spike.
Letters to Cleo, Cruel to be Kind
Bette Midler & Linda Ronstadt, Sisters
Pink, Don’t Let Me Get Me

In other news, I have a job! Yes, friends, the company where I’ve been temping for one week short of 11 months has FINALLY hired me. The reason it took so long is because I held out for a better job title and more money, and the approval process went all the way to the president of the company. Yesterday was my “first day” as an employee. Of course, HR still hasn’t given me the paperwork to fill out and I’m still using my temp badge and temp ID’s, but that seems to be typical. I like it here, so it’s worth it to me.

I also managed to wrench my right ankle pretty badly. It’s such a stupid little story. On Saturday Liz and I went to the mall to go walking, and I twisted my ankle when I was getting out of the car. It didn’t hurt, so we went ahead and walked. And walked and walked and walked and walked. When I woke up Sunday morning I was in pain!! I got an ankle wrap Sunday evening, and wore it yesterday to work, where I hobbled around like a 97-year-old woman with brittle bones. Today I’m a little better; I’m hobbling around like an 82-year-old woman with brittle bones! Hey—you’ve got to take the good as it comes, right?

The headaches are still going strong. But the neurologist appointment is a week from tomorrow, and I’m holding out hope that he’ll be able to figure out what the deal is and help me find some relief.

No comments: