Thursday, September 07, 2006

What I'm Listening To Today

Here are the first ten songs that played on my iPod in shuffle mode today:

1. Queen, Radio Ga-Ga

2. Rod Stewart, Someone to Watch Over Me. I couldn't help but giggle at the incongruity of Rod Stewart singing, "I'm a little lamb who's lost in the woods."

3. REM, Losing My Religion

4. Pink, Just Like a Pill

5. Dandy Warhols, Bohemian Like You

6. Bette Midler, Mambo Italiano

7. Styx, The Best of Times

8. Timbuk3, Gotta Wear Shades

9. Dexy's Midnight Runners, Come On Eileen

10. Falco, Rock Me Amadeus

There are more than a few 80s songs here, aren't there? Why didn't Les Nubians or Paris Combo come up, so I could impress you with my love for French pop? Why not more alternative music? And why the heck didn't Sweet blast out Ballroom Blitz for me? That usually comes up in the first few songs I play. There's no Dean Martin or Tony Bennett here, nor the lone Hank Williams song I have in this mix.

Just out of curiosity, I waited to hear what song 11 would be before I finished this post. It's another Pink song, Get This Party Started.

I've got to turn the iPod off now. It's not doing a lot for my headache. But hey, I only got caught jamming by one person, and no one at all caught me when I briefly unthinkingly sang along with Rod Stewart before remembering no one else could hear the music.

No comments: