Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Before I say what I came here to say, I have to say this first. I am one of those really annoying people who's always spouting off quotations from movies/plays/books/songs, etc. And one of my favorite quotations from "The Music Man" is when the Mayor's wife, Mrs. Shin, is being asked about something. She responds, "I am reticent. Oh, yes, I am reticent."

I say that a lot. Don't believe me? Ask my sister. I usually use that quotation when I'm indicating cautious optimism, and don't want to commit myself wholly to something, don't want to say too much. Right, Liz?

Anyway, I am reticent (see, cautiously optimistic) about the fact that I think that the Topamax may be going to work. Remember, it's September 26th, and I've had a headache since early July. I've taken a ton of different prescription medicines in an effort to either eradicate the headache or dull the pain, none of which have worked and some of which have given me itchy rashes. Hence the reticence. However, today was the 8th day of the Topamax regime, and the 1st day where I took a pill in the morning in addition to the one at bedtime. And I was a little loopy this morning, and I do still have the headache. But it's not too bad. If I had to go home and wash dishes, I could. I mean, I have no intention whatsoever of doing so, but I could if I had to or if I wanted to.

The neurologist said that most people start seeing a small bit of improvement (like, they'll notice an hour where they don't have a headache) in the second or third week. I'm now in the second week, and I'm seeing improvement, even though I haven't gotten to the hour without the headache.

So I am reticent. Oh, yes. I am reticent.

Not really, since I just wrote for five minutes about it. But you get the picture, right?

Okay. Shutting up now. Have to meet for half an hour with a new manager to explain reports and queries that I prepare. Funness. Not.

2 comments:

Izzybella said...

Sweet!

I'm so glad it appears to be working.

Do you really quote lines from your favorite books/movies/television shows? I hadn't noticed...

Sam said...

I hope it is working for you, dear :-)