Tuesday, September 12, 2006

From My Whiteboard

I e-mailed this to some friends yesterday, but wanted it to be in my blog. I remember. I will always remember.


Usually at work I put two trivia questions and a quotation on my whiteboard. I did that this morning, and then wiped it off. Trivia didn't seem to be appropriate. Instead I filled my board with quotations pertaining to 9/11.

"The terrorist acts on September the 11th were a turning point for our nation. We saw the goals of a determined enemy: to expand the scale of their murder and force America to retreat from the world. And our nation accepted a mission: we will defeat this enemy." --President George W. Bush

"Understand the causes of terror? Yes, we should try, but let there be no moral ambiguity about this: nothing could ever justify the events of September 11 and it is to turn justice on its head to pretend it could." --British Prime Minister Tony Blair

"A group of us are going to do something." --Thomas E. Burnett Jr., U.S. flight 93, moments before the plane crashed in rural Pennsylvania

"What lesson did you hope to teach us by your coward's attack on our World Trade Center, our Pentagon, us? What was it you hoped we would learn? Whatever it was, please know that you failed. Did you want us to respect your cause? You just damned your cause. Did you want to make us fear? You just steeled our resolve. . . . You don't know my people. You don't know what we're capable of. You don't know what you just started. But you're about to learn." --Leonard Pitts Jr., Miami Herald

No comments: