Thursday, September 21, 2006

Okay. I'm going to quit complaining for now. I actually haven't been complaining as much as you may think; I've been researching fundraising ideas. I don't know yet what to do, but I'm going to find out. On to other topics.

WHAT I'M LISTENING TO:

1. Bangles, Walk Like an Egyptian
2. The Clash, London is Burning
3. Dandy Warhols, Bohemian Like You
4. Josie and the Pussycats, Pretend to Be Nice
5. Falco, Rock Me, Amadeus
6. Stray Cats, Stray Cat Strut
7. Pink, Missundaztood
8. Pink, Stupid Girls
9. Queen, Bohemian Rhapsody
10. Barenaked Ladies, One Week

Well, I tried loading my "pissed off" mix last night. Obviously something went wonky, because only a few songs on this list are from my pissed off mix. Maybe I'd better read the instructions to my iPod.

WHAT I'M READING:
It's still With a Tangled Skein, by Piers Anthony. I'm really digging his Incarnations of Immortality series. It's complex, and really plays with the head.

HOW I LOOK:
Cute. Extremely. Today I'm wearing a brown skirt and brown grannie boots, a chartreuse cami and matching shrug, and my watch has a chartreuse brocade band today. My hair still looks nice--I like the cut--and I can't believe only one person at work has noticed that I cut 3 inches off my hair!!! I'll get Joe to take a picture of me when I get home, so you can see my cute new haircut.

HOW I FEEL:
I'm still extremely crabby, and getting Clover's news did not make me any less crabby; it just made me determined. In the words of the River magnet hanging by my desk: "No power in the 'verse can stop me." (Thank you, Joss Whedon. I bow before the greatness that is you.) I took the Topamax last night as directed. Diet sodas don't taste gross (yet), so I'm savoring a diet Dr. Pepper. I still have the headache, not that that's any surprise, but I'm holding on to the hope that it will begin to dissipate in a few weeks.

CREATIVELY SPEAKING:
I have come up with some character work this week, and need to write. Maybe I'll work on that this week.

No comments: