Monday, September 25, 2006

WHAT I'M LISTENING TO:

Nothing. Blessed, blessed silence. See, I had a reprieve from the acute pain yesterday. I still had pain, don't get me wrong, but compared to the usual pain, it was almost enjoyable. So I worked my tuchus off! Joe did laundry. By this I mean he sorted, washed, and dried the clothes, and brought them to me. I hung them up/folded them and put them away/put them in boxes to go into storage/put them into bags to give to someone who's losing weight as well. I also cleaned a bit.

But I paid for it. I woke up at 4 a.m. with so much pain that I wanted to howl. I reset my alarm, knowing there was no way on earth I was getting up at 5 a.m. to exercise. When the alarm went off at 5:30, I reset it for 5:45. And I actually went back to sleep!!!! When the alarm went off at 5:45, I had to get up. Took the shower, did the hair, did the face, got dressed, and only pouted a little bit.

But I'm at work, and I'm in so much pain that I could just cry. If it doesn't let up in a few hours, I may go home at lunch time. I'd say it's unbearable, but it's not. I mean, I'm alive, so it's bearable. But it's agonizing.

MY WEEKEND:

Saturday was rough, physically speaking. We had a change in air pressure, so I had sinus headache on top of the regular headache. I went to WW in the morning (down 2.4 pounds, for a total so far of 14 pounds!) and to breakfast with Joe (IHOP, where I got a bagel and cream cheese and a small apple juice, and watched in grossed-out fascination as he downed 3 eggs, sunny-side up, greasy hash browns, greasy bacon, and greasy buttery German-style crepes). I then went home and napped until mid-afternoon, when we went grocery shopping with Liz. And then I rested a little more until it was time to go to the play.

The play was GREAT! I loved it! Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. I've only seen it live one other time, but I have a cast recording on CD and know much of the music by heart. The narrator was lovely, and had the most beautiful voice, just as warm and rich as it could be. And the boy playing Joseph was a cutie-pie. He could benefit from some voice instruction, but he had a great voice as well. At the end they did a reprise of the songs, and I got pulled up to go dance on stage. That was really fun, despite the pounding of my poor head. I took a girl from work with me, and we had a great time. I would have liked to go get dinner afterward, but the head, you know. One of these days the Topamax will kick in, and I won't be in pain all the time. Won't that be fun???

And I've already told you about yesterday. Laundry day. I haven't done more than the bare minimum in laundry since the headaches started. And I haven't done more than the bare minimum in any other housework either. But Joe was up late on Saturday night cleaning--he actually washed dishes, took out trash, started laundry--it was truly amazing! And he worked all through the day yesterday, until I told him that I had to stop because the pain had come back and I was worn out. I think he finished up the laundry, and it's waiting for me to finish putting it away tonight, which is great. And he's done the dishes, which means I can go home and throw a quick dinner together and then throw the dishes into the dishwasher without having to move a whole lot of junk out of the way. It's pathetic, that we've been living like this. I can't tell you how much I'm longing to reclaim my life.

Someone I work with just came in and wanted to know what I'd done over the weekend, because I look so beautiful today. :blush I am wearing make-up, which I don't do often enough. But she didn't think that was it. I said that I was able to get some exercise in yesterday, due to a reprieve in the head pain, and she said that must be what it is. My face doesn't look so strained and stressed. Well, that's nice!! She also said that my hair looks perfect today too. I like getting compliments. That's the second one I've gotten so far this morning! :)

I do look extra-cute, I have to admit. I'm wearing a pair of dark brown plaid patterned cuffed pants that have previously been too small for me, along with a dark brown blouse and a cool necklace. Are you bored with my descriptions of my attire? Sorry. Well, not really. Sorry to bore you with it, but it's nice to feel like I look good, and it's really nice to be fitting into things that used to be too small for me.

1 comment:

Trista said...

Oh Faith, I'm so sorry that you've been in such pain for so long now.

I'm glad you got a reprieve, and your outfit today sounds scrumptious!