Friday, September 08, 2006

I'm tired of thinking up titles

That was always the hardest part about writing a paper, thinking up a title for it. I think only one or two papers had titles so obvious that even I couldn't miss them, including my best paper about the roles of women (Madonna vs. Whore) in Eugene O'Neill's play "The Great God Brown." So I'm rebelling today. I'm not going to try to think up a title for today's post. I'm not getting graded on it; I'm not getting paid for it; I don't even know if more than 3 people will read it. But I love all 3 of my readers!! :)

Okay, so first things first. My iPod presented the following 10 songs for me this morning:

1. Foreigner, Hot Blooded. My first really serious boyfriend tried to seduce me with this song. What was he thinking???

2. Katrina and the Waves, Walking on Sunshine. I would hate this song for its unrelenting perkiness, but I can't quite manage the hatred. But I will say that it was not the song for me this morning.

3. The Proclaimers, I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles) . I've loved this one since I first heard it. Perhaps it's their accents. I'm a sucker for a sexy accent.

4. I really blush to list this next one. Josie and the Pussycats, Pretend to Be Nice. But, okay, have you ever listened to the Josie and the Pussycats soundtrack? It's got two or three songs that I really like. And the movie was so farcical that I loved it.

5. Les Nubians, One Step Forward. I may have mentioned before my love for Les Nubians. You really should check them out.

6. Rod Stewart, You're in My Soul. If the first really serious boyfriend had tried to seduce me with this song, he'd have stood a much better chance of success.

7. Police, Message in a Bottle. Mmmmmm. Sting.

8. Paris Combo, Berceuse Insomnique. I like their shtick. They make fun music.

9. Barbara, Si La Photo Est Bonne. This is a cool song about how you can't really tell about a person just by looking at his photo. I like it.

10. Orleans, Still the One. Another song I wish I could hate but can't quite.

Okay, on to different things. The head? It still hurts. Badly. The only way I persuaded myself to come to work today was by promising myself that I could go home early. I won't, of course, but whatever works, right?

The diet? Not going so well this week. I finally said the heck with it, and will get back on the wagon tomorrow. It happens. This is real life, and things aren't always going to be perfect. Heck! Things are never perfect.

Chase? He's back in the hospital with a ruptured spleen. Please go visit Clover and leave her an encouraging word or two. He's doing all right, but the doctors don't want to remove his spleen until they do the liver transplant. We're hoping that he gets placed higher up on the transplant list. I love Chase. I don't even know how to describe him. He is adorable, snotty, goofy, and not infrequently a little 40-year-old man in a 10-year-old's body. All Clover's kids are great, but Chase's health issues have definitely taken a toll on him.

This is it for now. My objective for the day is to make it through the work day without crying because of the pain in my head, and to get through the evening without yelling at my husband when he tries to fix my problems with solutions that don't work. Peace out.

2 comments:

Izzybella said...

Hang in there, chica.

Sam said...

I left Clover a messege, thanks for the heads-up.

And as Izzy said, hang in there :-)