Tuesday, September 05, 2006

My Glorious Weekend

It wasn't necessarily so much of a holiday, but I had a decent weekend, for the most part. Joe took me and Liz out Saturday night for dinner (Red Robin) and a movie. He wanted to see Talladega Nights, and Liz wanted to see Little Miss Sunshine. I went with her to see that one, as Will Ferrell tends to drive me even more bonkers than I already am. Little Miss Sunshine definitely had some vile moments, but I enjoyed the rest of the movie. Steve Carrell was just wonderful as the suicidal Proust scholar, and I thought the entire cast did a beautiful job.

I spent much of Saturday trying on clothes that I had put away several years ago when they got too little (yes, 90% of that batch now fit) and trying on clothes that I bought in the last two years that are getting too big, so that I could get my closet better organized. I'm now down 12 pounds, and I truly love getting back into my smaller clothes. I need to make Joe take me out to the storage unit, so I can get the other boxes of small clothes out of there. I know I've got some for the size I am now, and it would be nice to have a slightly more expanded wardrobe. On Saturday evening I got a terrible craving for bad food, so instead I went out and bought two really cute cotton camisoles, one black and one ecru, to wear under my sweaters and jackets. And I then went to Subway to get a sub for dinner instead of the fried whatever I wanted that evening. Joe spent the day working overtime, so I didn't get to see much of him. He got home around 8, and we immediately headed out to Central Market. If you're not familiar with Central Market, it's a wonderful grocery store with the most sublime produce imaginable.

I took things easy Sunday, as my perpetual headache was behaving badly. Liz and I did take an hour and a half walk for exercise on Sunday afternoon, and my head was just pounding heavily by the time I got home.

On Monday we met Liz and my Dad and Monster for lunch. I forgot to look up the points for the restaurant we went to, and ended up spending considerably more points for lunch than I wanted to. And then Joe and I took a casual dinner over to Pat's and Clovers, and got their kids all hopped up on sugar before we left. I managed to eat way more there than I realized as well. When I totted up the points this morning, I was absolutely disgusted to realize how many I spent yesterday. It's okay, of course; I dipped into my weekly points allowance and it's not going to hurt me or anything. It was just a good reminder of how I need to plan ahead before going out to eat, and measure out my portions of the good food before we take dinner over to our friends house. I'm the only one who was eating the baked lays, so it wouldn't have bothered anyone for me to have weighed out my one-ounce portion and taken it in a baggie as opposed to taking a whole bag of the chips. So lesson noted, and I move on.

Today has been a terrible, awful, no good, very bad day. My perpetual headache is causing much pain today. I've cried two or three times. And I forgot my sunglasses, so I had to pick up a pair during my lunch break today. And my printer is out of toner, and the guy who has to put the toner into the printers is not in today. And the other printer I use when my printer isn't working is also out of toner. And I knocked over a bottle of Propel all over my desk. I get off in about an hour and a half. I'm planning to go home, take a shower, take two pain pills, eat a bunch of grapes, and go to sleep. Sounds fun, eh?

1 comment:

Izzybella said...

Hey, you. Sorry you are feeling yucky. Hope after some rest you have a little more sunshine in your soul. Or at least no pits in your cherries. Or, um, whatever. :)