Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Successful!

My post is titled "successful" because the word has 10 letters, each letter standing for one pound. Yes, I did it--I successfully achieved my 10-pound goal last week, with a half pound to spare!

I feel very strong and powerful right now. I want to remember how this feels so I can keep it with me during those times when I don't feel quite so strong or powerful. Gaining some self-control is a difficult, albeit gratifying, process. I like being able to conquer my weaker self.

However, this one-pound weight loss is the lowest I've had since I started 5 weeks ago. When I look at my food journal over the past week, I see that I used all of my flex points. I also see that I ate a big portion of birthday cake and 10 truffles that Joe gave me for my birthday. I also had a portion of a chocolate chip cookie with ice cream and hot fudge one day, part of mine and Liz's birthday celebrations. I won't have those specific temptations this week--the birthdays are over, so no more birthday cake. And I asked Joe not to give me any more chocolate until Valentine's Day, and he kindly agreed. So I don't have any more chocolate truffles. That takes care of the major temptations from last week, which should help this week significantly.

Challenges that lie ahead of me this week include the office Christmas luncheon on Wednesday. I'm not overly concerned about that, however; I know that I can have turkey breast for relatively few points. I also have low-points crackers and fruit at my desk. And I'm planning to make chicken soup for dinner on Wednesday night, which is low point. I think that between conserving points during the rest of the day and making wise choices at lunch, that day won't be a problem.

I think there's an office party on Saturday, and I'm not too worried about that either. I'll eat before I go, and just sip diet coke, which is filling, during the party.

Also on Saturday I need to do a little Christmas shopping, and Liz and I are planning to have lunch at Red Robin and go see Harry Potter for the fifth time for me (fourth time for her). We're going to split her free birthday hamburger, and I'm going to buy a big salad for us to share. That will be fairly high points; however, we don't buy popcorn at the movies anymore, and we'll be getting some exercise that day, so it should come out all right.

Those are the only potential danger zones I see this week. And now I've planned, and I'm ready--bring it on! I am not going to give up. I will persist and achieve my goals of a healthier mind and body.

No comments: