Friday, December 02, 2005

Going to the Doctor

It's scary to realize how much something like running head first into a glass wall can affect your whole personality. Yesterday and today, ever since I hit my head, I've been getting incredibly angry incredibly easily. The stream of profanity that runs through my head, if not actually out my lips, is so appalling that I shock even myself. So I called the doctor's office, and they agreed that I need to get seen. So I'm going to the doctor at 4:15 to get X-rayed and make sure nothing's seriously wrong where I whacked my head.

On a different point, I had a cheap lunch today at Taco Bueno. When I got back and recorded the points for my Mexi-Dips and Chips, I almost choked to realize I'd just spent 24 points, leaving myself with 0 points for the rest of the day. Fortunately, I do still have 20.5 flex points, so I can eat dinner later tonight. But you know what? It tasted really good to me; at 3:40 p.m., 4 hours later, I am still comfortably full and have no desire to eat anything else any time soon. When I realized that it wasn't that long ago that I would eat a Mexi-Dips and Chips PLUS either a half or a whole quesadilla in addition, I felt pretty dang good! Being comfortably full for 4 hours on 24 points' worth of food definitely beats being uncomfortably stuffed on a lot more points. I also noticed, back when I was eating so much, that I would feel hungry again almost indecently soon after eating a large meal. I'm not experiencing that anymore, either, for which I am grateful.

So yes, progress is being made.

No comments: