Saturday, December 03, 2005

Happy Saturday!

Here I am, the day after the binge, and I have to tell you that I am regretting the binge as much today as I did last night. I was sick all night and into the morning, and I know that it was because of what I ate yesterday. So lesson learned, and move on.

My sister Liz and I spent the morning at Grapevine Mills Mall. Neither of us is over-blessed with money right now, but our Monster hates shopping and gave us the money to get the angel tree gifts. It works out for all of us that way. Anyway, Grapevine Mills Mall is one mile around. Our tradition is to take a very brisk walk around the mall the first time, for higher intensity exercise. Then we meander around a second time to do any shopping. It felt great to get the exercise.

It also was pretty cool when I put on a pair of jeans that I just bought back in August. They are now so loose that I can take them off without bothering to unbutton and unzip them. I think they may have had their last wearing today. Fortunately, Liz bought a pair of jeans the same day, the same style, but a size smaller. They're now too big for her (woohoo!), so she's going to let me have them.

It feels fantastic to be in control of myself. I know I'm going to succeed in getting--and keeping--the weight off.

You know what else is cool? Last Thursday evening, I was bummed out and in pain because of my head injury, and I asked Joe to bring me a treat. He brought me a box of Dove cookies. I figured out the points, and they're one point per cookie. I still have more than half the box!!! I was also looking for something in my desk drawer on Thursday afternoon, and was surprised to find that I still have a bag full of Snickers left from Halloween!

No comments: