Tuesday, December 06, 2005

My Fat List: The Bad and the Good

THE BAD (ABOUT GAINING WEIGHT/BEING FAT):

1. Try to imagine shaving your thighs when you have to shift your stomach out of the way. eeeuuuwww

2. Sitting down in a booth and having the table bisect your stomach.

3. Taking a nice lovely hot bath, and then standing up to get out and seeing that there is only an inch and a half of water in the tub. Let's just say that I displace a LOT of water!!

4. Sprinting and having everything not just jiggle, but bounce around. It's very jarring, and must look absolutely hilarious.

5. Boob shelf # 1 and Boob shelf #2. Boob shelf # 2 serves to support Boob shelf #1. And now that my boobs aren't so big, my boob shelves stick out further than my boobs.

6. Back fat. I hate that bulging-around-the-bra thing that I get. But if I wear a bra that fits the back fat, it doesn't fill in the cup properly.

THE GOOD (ABOUT LOSING WEIGHT):

1. I love it when my wrist watch starts sliding up and down my arm. Always a good sign. Similar is when my ring finger stops bulging out above and below my wedding rings.

2. I've got great legs, and it's nice to admire them without all the extra fat. It'll be great when my boots with extra-wide shafts actually fit. It'll be really great when I can buy a pair of boots at the shoe store without having to order them by catalog with extra-wide shafts.

3. I like when my back fat starts breaking up. I can really tell this is happening when Joe's massaging my back. It's a weird feeling, but nice.

4. My collar bone is no longer hidden beneath a layer of fat.

5. When I lie down, my stomach goes concave instead of convex! This hasn't happened for me yet, but I'm confident that it will.

6. Another thing I'm looking forward to is getting rid of the double (triple?) chin, and discovering that I actually have a neck.

MISCELLANEOUS THOUGHTS RELATED TO MY APPEARANCE:

I can look into a mirror and know that I'm attractive. I think I have a well-defined sense of style. I know what looks good on me and reflects my personality. I think it will be easier to dress according to my style and personality when I'm no longer wearing "plus-size" clothing. The variety of options opens up immensely, and the cost goes down.

MISCELLANEOUS THOUGHTS COMPLETELY OFF THE SUBJECT OF WEIGHT:

Joe's been told by his boss to start looking for another job immediately. He's on the layoff list, and we don't know when it's coming. His company has done this to him too many times to count, and always they've ended up finding a way to keep him on. I'm tired of the stress of always having an axe hanging over his head. One supervisor there, who has proven herself trustworthy, wants to get Joe transferred to her group. We don't know whether that will happen, and she's on vacation this week anyway. Fortunately, he has incredible skills and experience and shouldn't have a lot of difficulty finding a new job. I think my stress associated with all this is due to the fact that I'm still only working temps (no benefits) for less than 2/3's of what I made with CPS. And to do my teacher certification, I will be unable to work during the month of June because I will be in class all day. I'm on medication that requires quarterly doctor visits, as well as monthly prescriptions. So it's a scary situation. I know we'll come through it, but that doesn't always mean it'll be an easy thing, y'know?

1 comment:

WendyLou said...

Happy Birthday....

I made a post, BTW.