Friday, December 02, 2005

Binging

Well, I wasn't going to write this down. I wasn't going to track what I ate this evening. I was going to give myself "the night off." I wasn't going to make this blog entry. I was going to avoid dealing with what happened tonight. But I didn't. I put what I ate in my points tracker, and I'm making this blog entry, and facing it head-on.

I binged tonight. How do I feel right now? Bloated and extremely uncomfortable. Was it worth it? Not so much.

What led to the binge? I think my lack of preparation today that resulted in my eating a 24-point lunch kind of sent me over the edge.

What have I learned? Plan ahead. Plan ahead. Plan ahead.

And hey--I did track it, despite my desires to not face what I did. By facing it, I know exactly what kind of harm I did to myself, and I know that I can avoid this in the future.

Oh, and by the way, the doctor said my head looks fine. Well, it doesn't really look fine, as it's extremely swollen. I'm guessing that it's going to turn a beautiful shade of purplish-green once the swelling goes down some more, but it's mostly covered by my bangs. I just have to be careful.

No comments: