Thursday, December 29, 2005

Game of Sevens

Seven things I want to do before I die:
--Go to Egypt
--Write a best-seller
--Go see every play on Broadway
--Go on my self-created American Literature tour
--Make a positive difference in the world
--Go to the Louvre and spend as much time as it takes to see everything!
--See a Shakespeare play in the Globe Theatre.

Seven things I cannot do:
--Cartwheels
--Sew
--Math
--Draw a straight line
--Crochet
--Calligraphy
--Write good poetry
--Count (teehee)

Seven things I can do:
--Parallel park
--Bake excellent bread
--Write bad poetry
--Play the piano
--Sing offkey (I can even sing on key, occasionally)
--Read super fast (e.g. I got the last Harry Potter book at midnight, and had finished reading it by about 4 a.m.)
--Speak in public

Seven things I say often:
--And, yeah.
--Does that make sense?
--Know what I mean?
--Mmmmmm . . . Chocolatey goodness
--Woohoo!
--Squee!
--Bored now.

Seven of my favorite writers:
--Geoffrey Chaucer
--William Shakespeare
--Dante
--Elizabeth Peters/Barbara Michaels/Barbara Mertz
--J.K. Rowling
--Jane Austen
--Terry Brooks

Seven of my favorite books:
--The Canterbury Tales
--The Divine Comedy
--Ammie Come Home
--Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
--Jane Eyre
--Pride and Prejudice
--Northanger Abbey

Seven of my favorite movies:
--Harry Potter (go ahead and count them all as one, or else this list would get boring)
--The Other Side of Heaven
--The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe
--The Lord of the Rings (see Harry Potter, above, and also note that we're talking about the extended versions)
--Romy & Michelle's High School Reunion
--Serenity
--Heavenly Creatures

Seven things I was going to be when I grew up:
--A mother (nope)
--An archaeologist (nope)
--An anthropologist (nope)
--A psychiatrist (nope)
--A teacher (that one still may happen)
--A writer (yep)
--A dancer (well, if you count in my bedroom by myself, yep)

Seven of my favorite poems:
--"The Suicide" by Edna St. Vincent Millay
--"The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock" by T.S. Eliot
--"Pied Beauty" by Gerard Manley Hopkins
-- "The Chariot" by Emily Dickinson
-- "Phenomenal Woman" by Maya Angelou
-- "Dream Variations" by Langston Hughes
--"Goblin Market" by Christina Rossetti

Seven of my favorite plays:
--"The Great God Brown" by Eugene O'Neill
--"Long Day's Journey Into Night" ditto
--"Sylvia" by A.R. Gurney
--"M. Butterfly" by Henry David Hwang
--"The Women" by Clare Booth Luce
--"The Tempest" by William Shakespeare
--"Wit" by Margaret Edson

1 comment:

Trista said...

We are so similar I can't even begin to list the similarities...