Tuesday, January 31, 2006

This One's for You

A., Liz and I had lunch at McDonald's today. We each got a cheeseburger Happy Meal, with a little Strawberry Shortcake family member inside. We're keeping the dolls on our desks at work so that we'll have them as a cute and precious reminder of you. We had that picture of you, your daughter, Liz and me, and Mom with us, and remembered the good times. We laughed about the funny things we did together.

On the way back to the office, we stopped at Sonic and I got a cherry vanilla Dr. Pepper in your honor.

When I go home tonight, I'm going to stop at the grocery store, buy a can of chocolate frosting, and take a big spoonful for you. I'm sorry I didn't get the chocolate frosting for you those long years ago. And I promise that the next kid who asks me for a can of chocolate frosting as a treat will get one.

I love you and I miss you. I hope you're finding some peace now. Until we meet again, know how much I love you.

1 comment:

Chandira said...

Good for you..

I'm just passing through via blogexplosion, but wanted to say hi. Not enough people do that, do they? Sorry for your loss.

I love your self-description. I'm a chronic individualist, so go for it.. It never hurts to be truly yourself. People actually love eccentrics. I totally encourage you on your journey. :-)

Aleister Crowley once said "Do what Thou Will shall be the whole of the Law" which has been misinterpreted badly over the years by the hedonist and moralist types, but it means jsut that. Find your True Self, and be it. Then you're in harmony with the rest of Existence. Your True Self is Love, and everything you ever wanted life to be about.