Monday, January 02, 2006

New Years Resolutions

I hate New Years Resolutions. Every year I make them, only to hide my list three or four days after the beginning of the year. And every year, the list has the same items on it. So if I'm 42 years old, and have made the same resolutions year after year after year after year, then I'm guessing my chances of success aren't too great.

So here are some more practical New Years Resolutions, ones that I'm sure to keep.

1. When someone cuts me off in traffic, I'll say something rude.

2. I'm going to read at least one book per day.

3. I'm going to read Trista's and Krista's blogs every day.

4. I'm going to go to the movies once or twice a month.

5. I won't eat oatmeal for breakfast any more!!

6. I'll watch Rugrats whenever I can.

7. When it gets warm enough to wear sandals, I'll go get a pedicure every payday.

8. I'll write for at least half an hour every day.

9. I'll take a 3-day trip to Galveston this summer with my sister.

10. I'll kiss my husband and my dog every chance I get.

11. I'll go to the fantasy writers convention in Austin in November with Clover, Liz, and Mom.

12. I'll dance when I'm at the grocery store and they're playing good music (or dorky music that I like anyway).

13. I'll tap dance in the copy room when I'm making photocopies at work.

14. When there's good cake around, I'll eat a piece.

15. I'll buy the DVD of "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire" the day it comes out, and watch it two or three times in a row, and watch all the extras.

Happy New Year, everybody!

No comments: