Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Thursday Thirteen

Thirteen Things about FAITH

1…. I really like Coke's new flavor, black cherry vanilla. It's extremely tasty.

2. I know it's not Thursday yet, but I'm feeling singularly uninspired re blogging this week.

3. I've been reading a lot of Terry Brooks over the last few weeks. I really like his Word & Void books. I read Running With a Demon last night, after having read its sequel, Knight of the Word a few days previously. They're very good, and I'm looking forward to reading the third book once I lay my hands on it.

4. I now have two books out in e-book format. You can find them at Fictionwise, if you're interested. One is called Faith on Faith, and it's a series of "Lessons of Life" I wrote. The other is called The Treehouse, and it's a YA novel for LDS girls. My sister and I wrote that one together. Both books are very Mormon-y, so I won't be offended if you're not interested!

5. I'm researching fantasy and Wicca and medieval plant medicine, and all kinds of other interesting things, for the fantasy novel I'm working on.

6. I'm also researching Greek mythology and other fun things for the new novel Liz and I are writing together. The series is called The Libris Chronicles. Book One will be The Telling.

7. Liz dreamed that Joss Whedon was teasing us for calling our series "The Book Books" (Libris=book; Chronicles=books). But hey--I'd do many things to get Joss Whedon as a fan of our books!

8. Last night I took Joe to dinner. I was craving Tex-Mex, and we were planning to go to Rosa's Cafe until we saw the completely packed parking lot and the line of cars waiting to go through the drive-through. We ended up at Mi Pueblo--somewhat more expensive, but far fewer people.

9. I read The Wide, Wide World yesterday. It's about as weepy as Elsie Dinsmore, perhaps slightly less religious, and less entertaining.

10. I'm doing well with my New Year's Resolutions--haven't eaten any oatmeal yet! I've done lots of reading, I read my friends' blogs, and I still say rude things when people cut me off in traffic.

11. I really need to go get my hair colored again. My roots are about an inch long, and it's starting to get noticeable. I also need to go get my lip & eyebrows waxed. Why do I go through such torture? Oh, yeah--so my grandniece won't say in a loud, sweet, clear voice: "Why does Aunt Ginny have a moustache?"

12. This month's calendar picture is of Saint Eulalia. Not being Catholic, I had to look her up on the internet to find out why Waterhouse painted a picture of her lying on her back, half naked, in the snow. She was a Christian martyr, and was tortured and killed. Her naked body was thrown into the street, and mercifully covered up by the snow.

13. If you like the Harry Potter books, you might want to check out Diana Wynne Jones. She's written several good books for the YA bunch, and yesterday I found an adult fantasy novel, Dark Lord of Derkholm. I'm approximately 1/3 of the way through the book, and I can recommend it.

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!

1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


No comments: