Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Wednesday Mind Hump

Crank Up The Stereo Day. Let's get humping!

1. What artist and/or band (or a few) makes you want to crank your stereo so the whole neighborhood can hear?

The Clash, Billy Idol, Violent Femmes, the soundtrack to Moulin Rouge, the Eurythmics, Paris Combo, any of the Putamayo CDs

On the rare occasions when I am on a cleaning spree at home, I like to have the music loud and rowdy. My neighbors can probably hear it down the block--but that keeps me going. Also, when I'm in a black mood, I like to listen to this kind of music; it allows me to indulge my black mood until it miraculously vanishes when I realize I'm having a good time. And I love listening to the Putamayo world music; I crank it up loud and merengue around the house until I collapse.

2. What are a few of your favorite songs to crank on your stereo?

Run Shithead Run, Rebel Yell, White Wedding, Should I Stay or Should I Go, Rock the Casbah, Missionary Man,

3. What artist or style of music do you NOT want to hear cranked up on a stereo?

Oh, gosh--I hate hip-hop/rap/whatever you call that stuff. It seriously annoys me. Which is funny, because I love hip-hop dancing.

I also don't particularly care for hearing mariachi music cranked up. When I lived in Anaheim, we had some neighbors across the street who congregated in the driveway every morning starting at 7, and they spent the day drinking cerveza and listening to mariachi music that was cranked so loud the whole neighborhood could hear it.

4. What "stereo" do you use most often: regular stereo, DVD player, clock radio, computer, Ipod, or car stereo?

I don't use any one more often than another. It is all determined by where I am and what I'm doing. I do not use a clock radio or an Ipod, since I have neither.

1 comment:

Russ said...

Thanks for humping!