Thursday, January 11, 2007

Tightening the Belt!

Budgetarily, I mean. Joe and I sat down last night and worked out our budget. For at least the next year, we're going to have to really trim the fat so we can get rid of the credit cards. They really suck the life out of you, don't they? So good-bye to Netflix, good-bye to eating out two or more times a week, good-bye to my cell phone (which I actually won't miss all that much), good-bye to my wasteful ways. Good-bye to my plans of going to Salt Lake in the autumn.

Don't take that as a complaint. Because, hello--good-bye to Direct Merchant's Bank, good-bye to Capitol One, good-bye to high interest rates, good-bye to interest that keeps accruing 24/7/365! And once those cards are gone, hello to the good life! :)

Okay, I also got to tighten the belt literally as well. This morning I tried on a pair of pants that I bought in late November and they were too small. And they fit. I did the Snoopy dance before I took them off because even though they fit, they only fit when I was standing up. When I sat down, too much tummy smooshed out over the top and looked really ugly. But the free 8-week pass to Bally's starts on Saturday, and I will be going every day except Sunday to exercise, so I'm feeling confident of getting rid of some of that tummy (and butt and thighs and arms).

No comments: