Monday, January 29, 2007

Blathering on about nothing

I was really gonna post this weekend, honest!
I was really gonna go to the gym after work on Saturday, honest!

Wanna know what happened?

Well, I'm gonna tell you anyway! :>

Work on Saturday whupped my butt as much as a strenuous workout. So I said, "Screw the gym," and didn't go. I cleaned out two sets of cabinets/cupboards; cleaned out the storage closet; went through all the unused desks and got all the crap that had been left behind; and began sorting through said crap and deciding if it needed to be shredded, junked, or put away. I could easily have put in a full 8 hours, but they only let me work 4 hours.

Then after work I went and took a batch of stuff from home to Goodwill (decluttering the office, decluttering the house--anyone seeing a pattern here). Then I went to the other thrift store, Thrift Town, and found a nice pair of black pants for work, along with three tops (one from Ann Taylor Loft, for only 99 cents!, and one from Casual Corner). This is one of the fun things about losing weight: getting to find cute and cheap clothes, second-hand, for next to nothing.

And then I went home and wanted to take a nap because I was tired and had a headache. But I had too much energy. So I helped Joe clean up the debris from the master bedroom. And then we went to the store to buy Propel, Flatout Light wraps, and nylons. The only extra things we got were a bottle of nail polish in a yummy reddish-blackish color and a bottle of OJ. So how's that for sticking to the list? Oh, and for the record, buying nylons is less expensive now that I don't have to buy the plus-size brand. I still have to buy kind of fatso sizes, but not so fatso that I have to buy the plus-size brand, so it's cheaper. Yay!

And then we went to visit Clover and Chase. Some of the other kids were home, but they were upstairs hanging with friends, and the others weren't home. Chase is doing beautifully since his surgery. His stomach is smaller than it's been in quite some time, and he looks healthier than I can recall seeing him in a long time. We had a very enjoyable visit, and talked about everything from my farts to my boobs. With Clover, not with Chase. I'm not sure where Chase was during that part of the conversation. Anyway, the consensus was that my farts smell dreadful (as do everyone's) and that my boobs are much better post reduction than they were in the unpleasant years pre reduction. I'm not sure how we got onto those topics, and I had to specifically request a change of topic, but it was still a fun visit. I was still so energetic that for about half an hour I was standing up practically dancing because I was unable to sit still.

And then we went home. I managed to get tired enough on the way home that I was able to lie down, read a book, and fall asleep.

Sunday was a lazy day for me. I slept in a bit, read scriptures, went to church, took a nap, read some more, and went to sleep. Lazy day. I liked it.

This morning when the alarm went off at 4:40, it jolted me out of my dreams so abruptly that I didn't get time to remember them, which was frustrating because it seemed that they were interesting and I wanted to remember them. For about half a second I thought about not getting up, and just going to the gym after work, but of course I got up and went and had fun. I did half an hour on the elliptical today, and loved it way better than the recumbent bike. I still haven't taken the time to go experiment on the weight machines. That is still going to have to be something I do in the afternoons, because there's just not time in the mornings. I'm thinking that if I just extend my cardio in the mornings from 30 minutes to 50 minutes, and then do weights 3 or 4 days a week in the afternoons, I'll get great workouts without being so rushed in the mornings.

I got the rehearsal schedule from M.A. today. We start rehearsals on 2/19, and opening night is 3/23. I took that day off work, as I feel quite sure I'll have pterodactyl-sized butterflies and won't feel like doing a damn thing that day. Izzybella, who is also in the play, said she'll take off that day as well. We'll get to Addison early and have a late lunch early enough that I won't be puking before the show, and keep each other amused until our 6:00 call. So I'll begin researching Gertrude Stein.

One of my really nice co-workers took me to lunch today, and 4 others joined us there. It was very enjoyable. I splurged a little, eating a handful of chips with some salsa, and two corn tortillas with butter. It was the first time I had any butter since Christmas. And for my meal I got spinach quesadillas light (the menu said they were light on the cheese, and they were)--the quesadillas had fresh spinach, poblano chiles, and fresh mushrooms. Very tasty. I ate two wedges of the quesadillas, and have 4 wedges left.

Sam asked if the dreams that he popped up in were nightmares. No, Sam, they were not nightmares. In the dreams I was at the 2007 World Fantasy Convention in Saratoga Springs, New York. (That would be in my dreams, because right now I don't see my way clear to affording to attend the convention.) And you were there, and I recognized you from the photo you had on your poetry blog. And I said, "Sam?" And you denied being Sam. But I knew it was you. And then later on you came up to mine and Clover's hotel room, and admitted it was you, and you explained why you were pretending not to be you, and it was this long weird dreamlike rigamarole that only makes sense in dreams and that I no longer remember. I dreamed that a few times. I think part of the reason I was dreaming about you is that I was concerned about you. And I think the other part of the reason is because Izzybella and I were talking one day about what we thought you looked like, and then when we saw your photo, we were both wrong, and were very amused by the fact. Anyway, very interesting dreams about a very interesting person I hope to meet someday.

You may notice I have now posted a small snapshot of myself finally. I don't really like it, but there it is. It's the photo from my badge at work. I personally think that I'm much better looking than that photo makes me appear, but at least it gives you a little idea of what I look like.

And now that I've blathered on about nothing important, I'll stop blathering and go see if any of y'all have blathered ona bout anything important.

1 comment:

Sam said...

Well, what did you and Izzy think I looked like, hmmm? LOL
I'm flattered that you think I'm interesting enough to want to meet one day. Who knows? I know I'd be honored. :-)