Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Clover

Clover's son C. is going to be having his spleenectomy any day now--possibly today, but probably tomorrow or the next day. Please keep him in your thoughts. He's terrified, remembering how much pain he had after his appendectomy. His spleen is so distended that it's pushing everything else out of place; the doctors at Cook Children's Medical Center believe that's why his lung function is so much poorer than usual. Joe spent the evening at the hospital yesterday, and I've been praying for him and his family and the doctors and nurses whenever I'm not actively thinking of something else. He is such a dear boy, and I want to see him be healthy and have a long life. Cystic fibrosis is such a horrible disease, and I've seen him struggle with it since he was diagnosed as a baby. I love him so much. Clover has already lost one child. I don't want her to lose any more children. I want her to see them all grow up and blossom into beautiful adulthood.

If you're so minded, please visit Clover and leave her some good will. Thanks.

No comments: