Thursday, January 11, 2007

Mysterious, Maybe Prophetic Meme

Trista tagged me with a fun meme, so here we go!

  • Find the nearest book.
  • Name the author & title.
  • Turn to page 123.
  • Post sentences 6-8.
  • Tag three more people.

Since my computer is in my Egyptian room, the nearest book is Ancient Egyptian Book of the Dead, translated by Raymond O. Faulkner.

Sentence 6 is the last sentence of the spell For Knowing the Souls of the Easterners and sentences 7 and 8 are the first sentences of the spells The Field of Offerings.

I know the Souls of the Easterners; they are Horkhty, the sun-calf, and the Morning Star.

N worships the Ennead which is in the Field of Offerings, and he says: Hail to you, you owners of kas! I have come in peace to your fields in order to receive the provisions which you give; I have come to the Great God in order that I may receive the provisions which his goodwill grants of bread and beer, oxen and fowl.

And tagging three people is a little more difficult, since few people read my blog. I'll go for Izzybella, Sam, and Clover. Any takers?

No comments: