Friday, February 02, 2007

Shoes Week - Winter 2007


Save the best for last, right? These are my very favorite shoes. Well, my favorite boots, anyway. I've got at least two other pairs of shoes that I heart as much as I heart these, but these are the ones I wore today. These are my ivory damask grannie boots, and they're loverly. I got them from Newport News, and they were nicely inexpensive. They caused a fair bit of frustration, because when the box finally arrived in the mail, it was much too small to contain my grannie boots. Sure enough, when I opened it, it contained a cute-ish pair of shoes, but they weren't my grannie boots. So I had to go through the rigamarole of returning the shoes I did not order, and waiting once more for my boots to arrive. But they were worth the wait. You see the laces up the front, right? Well, fortunately for me, they have a hidden side zipper. So I don't have to lace them and unlace them every time I want to wear them. Not that it matters, because I would still wear them even if I had to use the laces, but I will definitely admit that the hidden zipper is an asset.

I'm not really dressed up much today. I'm wearing them with a pair of dark blue pants and a cranberry twin set. I'm not even wearing jewelry other than the wedding set and my watch. It's cold out; we actually got snow yesterday. Figures--the one day I decide to wear sandals in the dead of winter on a cold, rainy day, and it starts snowing about 30 minutes before I leave the office.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good blog..your boots look gorgeous.Where did you get these boots..