Friday, February 23, 2007

69 Things About Me

Stolen from Izzybella, who stole it from Spin_Doc, who stole it from Chesney Girl. Trista stole it somewhere along the way as well.

  1. Are your parents married or divorced? They're divorced, and then remarried. They're both much better suited with their current spouses, although I'm glad they stayed married long enough to produce their kids.
  2. Are you a vegetarian? No. But that reminds me of a great quotation I read somewhere: "I'm not a vegetarian because I love animals. I'm a vegetarian because I hate vegetables." teehee
  3. Do you believe in Heaven? I do, although not in the white clouds and wings and harps version.
  4. Have you ever come close to dying? Well, if you consider that every time you go under anesthesia for sugery as close to dying, yes. Several times. Otherwise, no.
  5. What jewelry do you wear 24/7? None, because the thought of wearing anything 24/7 makes me feel claustrophobic. Last night when I got home I was too tired to take off my wedding rings and watch, and at some point during the night I woke up, took them off, and kept them in my bed. When I woke up in the morning, I had a wedding-wings-and-watch shaped indentation in my hip from laying on them. But I do love jewelry, and wear my wedding rings and watch almost every day. I also wear whatever jewelry complements my outfit. Like today, for instance, my right earring is shaped like a black guitar, and my left earring is shaped like a white guitar pick and has the word "Rebel" written on it.
  6. Favorite time of day? 3:45, when I realize I'm about to get off work.
  7. Do you eat the stems of broccoli? Yes. They're a lot more tender if you peel them before you cook them, but who has time for that?
  8. Do you wear makeup? Yes. If I happen to get up in time to put it on before I leave for work.
  9. Ever have plastic surgery? Yes. I had a breast reduction done in 2001. Went from a DDD down to a C. My back feels much better, thank you. My boobs look much better as well, now that they don't hang down to my knees.
  10. If you did have plastic surgery, what would you do? I'm planning to have some--for lack of a better phrase here--rough edges from the breast reduction fixed, and would like to have another lift at the same time. And as I'm losing weight, it's becoming increasingly apparent that I want something done to my chin. I don't know how to describe it, though.
  11. What do you wear to bed? My undies. If it's cold I might wear some sweats or my yoga pants and a tee shirt. Or if I'm really tired, I'll wear whatever I had one when I fell asleep, which could be jeans and a tee-shirt.
  12. Have you ever done anything illegal? Yes, but it was a long time ago.
  13. Can you roll your tongue? Yes, and it's only been fairly recently that I learned not everyone could.
  14. Do you tweeze your eyebrows? No, that's why hot wax and stylists were invented.
  15. What kind of sneakers? I don't know. They are comfortable and I can run in them. Oh, and I bought a cute pair today for the show that are low tops, black with pinstripes, and have white rubber toes. Most excellently cute.
  16. Do you believe in abortions? I believe that they are performed, yes I do. But I'm being a smartass, because I know that's not how the question is intended. It's not a decision I would have ever made for myself. That's all I intend to say about the matter here.
  17. What is your hair color? If you're asking about my natural hair color, I haven't seen it in so long, I have no idea. It used to be dark brown. It's probably dark brown with quite a bit of silver in it now. But now it's a lovely warm medium brownish red. Thank you, L'Oreal.
  18. Future child's name? There are no future children, unless you count the two who are waiting for me in Heaven (see #3, above). Their names are Tadeusz Hayden (nicknamed Tad) and Elinor Catherine (nicknamed Ellie).
  19. Do you snore? Heck yeah! I also grind my teeth and breathe heavily.
  20. If you could go anywhere in the world where would it be? Everywhere in the world. I want to see everything.
  21. Do you sleep with stuffed animals? Well, Molly does sometimes crawl into bed with me right after she's eaten, so I guess I could say yes. Occasionally.
  22. If you won the lottery, what would you do first? Faint. Once I came to, I'd have one helluva shopping spree! In New York City. One that would involve multiple nights' stays. Which would mean multiple nights spent watching Broadway plays.
  23. Gold or silver? Gold.
  24. Hamburger or hot dog? Hamburger. If it's a home-grilled one, it should have a slice of cheddar cheese, some crisp lettuce, a slice of juicy vine-ripened tomato, three bread & butter pickle slices, a thin slice of purple onion, and some mustard.
  25. Only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be? Can I pick soup-and-salad bar? Does that count?
  26. City, beach or country? City, please. But I wouldn't mind if there were a beach nearby.
  27. What was the last thing you touched? My water bottle.
  28. Where did you eat last? At my desk.
  29. When's the last time you cried? This morning.
  30. Do you read blogs? Yes, I do. Linky goodness to the right.
  31. Would you ever go out dressed like the opposite sex? No, I don't really see any purpose to doing so. I'm a woman, and quite happy to be so.
  32. Ever been involved with the police? Yep. I helped put a flasher behind bars when I was 12 or 13. And there's the whole thing about my mother used to be a police officer.
  33. What's your favorite shampoo, conditioner, and soap? I use Redken Color Extend Shampoo and Conditioner. And I heart Dove soap.
  34. Do you talk in your sleep? Yes, I do, but it's never intelligible, contrary to what Izzybella once persuaded me.
  35. Ocean or pool? Depends on what I'm in the mood for. Normally ocean.
  36. Sauna or whirlpool? Whirlpool. Might I remind you that I live in Texas? If I want a sauna, all I have to do is walk outside, at least during 6-8 months of the year.
  37. Starbucks or Krispy Kreme? Starbucks. When it's cold or cool, I like the sugar-free, fat-free vanilla or toffee nut steamers. When it's hot, I like the vanilla bean or strawberry frappuccinos. I also really like green tea.
  38. Window seat or aisle? Depends. If I'm going somewhere I've never been, I might like a window seat. If I'm going home, I like the aisle. If I'm going to see my Mom, definitely aisle. That three seconds makes a big difference.
  39. Ever met anyone famous? Yes, I have. Why, just last November I met Elizabeth Moon, Charles de Lint, Sarah Beth Durst (she may not be famous just yet, but she will be!), JoAnne Whittemore (ditto), Tiffany Trent (ditto), Eric Flint, and Carole Nelson Douglas, among others.
  40. Do you feel that you've had a truly successful life? According to my personal definition of success, I have. I hope to continue the pattern. I have been knocked down, and I have gotten back up every damn time. I have aimed high, and continue to do so. I have written and continue to write. I wanted to act, and am in my first play. I have good friends. I'm happy. I'm involved in causes that are important to me. Yeah, I would say that I'm successful.
  41. Do you twirl your spaghetti or cut it? I twirl it. I have an Italian sister-in-law.
  42. Ricki Lake or Oprah Winfrey? Ugh.
  43. Basketball or Football? Well, if you're going to tie me down and force me to watch one or the other, I suppose I'd rather watch basketball.
  44. How long do your showers last? Depends. If it's winter and I'm in my house, about 5 minutes. That's as long as the hot water lasts, until the tank's had a chance to get heated back up again. If it's summer, as long as I want, unless I'm late for work.
  45. Automatic or do you drive a stick? I love to drive a stick; however, when I was working for CPS, all the driving I did messed up my clutch knee. So now I find it easier to drive an automatic.
  46. Cake or ice cream? Why does there have to be an "or" here? Okay, okay, cake.
  47. Are you self-conscious? I'm learning not to be. Just for example, five minutes ago during my break I was so stiff that I was stretching in the breakroom, and even did Downward Dog. I will confess to being glad no one came into the breakroom while I was doing Downward Dog, but I still did it.
  48. Have you ever drank so much you threw up? Not since I was fifteen. That was so unpleasant I never repeated it.
  49. Have you ever given money to a beggar? Yes, I have, but I prefer to give food.
  50. Have you been in love? Yes, and still am, even though there are days when I feel like I hate him almost as much as I love him.
  51. Where do you wish you were? Right now? Honestly, I wish I were at home asleep. I'm so tired that I'm running on sheer adrenaline.
  52. Are you wearing socks? Yes, but they're dirty. I couldn't find any socks this morning because I was so tired when I woke up that I was crying, and I cried because I gained weight, and I cried because I only had 5 minutes of hot water in my shower this morning, and I cried because I was running late for work. So I put my shoes on my bare feet because I knew I had a dirty pair of socks in my trunk (don't ask) and when I got to work I took my shoes off, put the dirty socks on, and put my shoes back on. But they're not TOO dirty. Well, they are now, because I've been wearing them all day, but they weren't too dirty when I first put them on. Only a little dirty. They didn't stink or anything.
  53. Have you ever ridden in an ambulance. Yes. Several times. When I was younger our family was in an accident when we were returning home after an Atlanta Braves double-header. Another time I was in an accident when a pizza delivery guy ran a very stale red light and slammed into our pick-up. Another time I thought I was having a heart attack (I wasn't, knock wood), but it was very unpleasant. Is that all? I think so. I don't like riding in ambulances. Not fun.
  54. Can you tango? Nope. But I can merengue, and cha-cha, and salsa.
  55. Last gift you received? I assume you're not counting gifts I buy for myself, right? Oh, I know what it was! Joe went to a Cheap Trick concert, and he brought me two picks that the lead guitar player threw out to the audience. He thought I could make them into earrings. I will, just haven't yet.
  56. Last sport you played? Water polo, 12th grade, 1981.
  57. Things you spend a lot of money on? Books. Perfume. Clothes. Shoes.
  58. Where do you live? North Texas, near Fort Worth.
  59. Where were you born? Lone Star, Texas!
  60. Last wedding attended? It was the wedding of one of my husband's godsons, in Pennsylvania.
  61. Am I the only person to notice that there is no question #61? So technically this is 68 things about me not 69 things about me. Unless you want to count that I'm pedantic as the 69th thing about me.
  62. Favorite position? I like to take the high road. You can take the low road, or you can take the high road. It's kind of like how I tell you to feel free, or feel expensive, whichever you prefer.
  63. Most hated food(s)? Okra. Slimy, nasty stuff. Unless it's deep-fried. Um, I know there are other foods I don't like, but really, I'm pretty easy-going.
  64. Most hated soda pop? I don't drink soda pop.
  65. Can you sing? Of course I can. I sing a lot. I sing loudly. This question probably means, "Can you sing well?" In which case the answer would be no.
  66. Last person you instant messaged? I don't instant message.
  67. Last place you went on holiday? Austin, Texas.
  68. Favorite regular drink? Propel water. Peach flavor, although every flavor is good.
  69. Current Song? If this question is referring to my favorite current song, that's just not possible to answer. That's like asking my favorite current book, or my favorite Buffy quotation, or my favorite Chaucer story. Well, not quite like my favorite Chaucer story, because that's an easy answer: The Miller's Tale. But I can give you a few choices (note that the word "current" is relative): Painting by Chagall (The Weepies); Bohemian Like You (Dandy Warhols); My Own Worst Enemy (Lit); Nice Guys Finish Last (Green Day); Run, Shithead, Run (Mudhoney), Song for the Dumped (Ben Folds Five), and I guess I'll finish off with a decidedly uncurrent song that's my theme song, Break My Stride (Matthew Wilder).

And now you know a little more about me than you did before, and possibly even more than you wanted to know. My sister, not without cause, refers to me as "The Queen of TMI."

No comments: