Monday, February 26, 2007

More Dreams and Academy Awards Aplenty

I watched the Academy Awards last night, like a whole lot of other people. Wow--beautiful dresses! I think my favorite was Helen Mirren's dress, but all that I saw were absolutely lovely.

And then I went to sleep. The whole have-to-get-up-and-go-to-work-in-the-morning thing. You know.

Then I had a dream. I don't remember what it was. But I do remember that immediately at the end of that dream, I was standing on the stage accepting an Academy Award for my role in that dream.

Then I had another dream. And accepted an Academy Award for my role in that dream. This pattern repeated itself throughout the night.

In my last dream I played two roles, and was nominated for both roles. And I won. For both.

It was a highly amusing night. I woke up laughing at the absurdity of it all a few times, but immediately went back to sleep each time, and immediately had another dream for which I won an Academy Award.

Now what I want to know is, why did I win Academy Awards for Best Actress in a Dream? Why did I not win any awards for Best Dreamwriter? Because I wrote all those dreams as well as played the protagonist in them all. And some of them were damn complicated.

I'm just sayin'.

3 comments:

Izzybella said...

I hereby award you the Oscar for Best Dreamwriting. Oh, actually, should you win for best adapted dream? Because the awards ceremony was technically a dream within a dream based on a television show you watched that evening.

Hey, at least you weren't a vampire slayer accepting your role for best female actor in a dream. 'Cause that would have been strange.

Hee-the word verification is jedmguf. I hereby challenge you to write a short story with a character named Jed McGuff.

Faith said...

Thank you for this award! Oh, wow! I mean, I --wow! I can't believe I'm actually standing here. It's something I've dreamed of all my life, and now that the moment is here, it's so overwhelming. I'd like to thank the Academy, as well as all the dreamers out there, as it is their dreams who make this such an exciting field to be a part of. And I must also thank my parents, who taught me how to dream and keep dreaming. And my sister, I have to thank my sister, because well, without her none of this would have been possible. And I must thank my husband as well, because he's been just so amazing to me during this whole journey. Oh, stop playing that music! I'm almost done! I only have two more people to thank: Buffy Summers, for teaching me that when you get knocked down, you can do more than just get back up again. You can get back up again and knock the holy hell out of the demon (vampire, what-have-you) that knocked you down in the first place. And, of course, I have to thank Joss Whedon for creating Buffy.

***
Okay, Liz. I'll write a short-short with a character named Jed McGuff. And then when I get it posted, you have to write something that relates to it in some way. Deal?

Izzybella said...

Nice speechifying.

Deal, as soon as you McGuff, I'll sequel.