Thursday, February 01, 2007

Shoes Week - Winter 2007


What possessed me to wear strappy sandals in the dead of winter, on a cold rainy day no less? Heck if I know. Well, actually I do know. See, I've been losing weight, and I'm running short on clothes. Thanks to the generosity of Izzybella, who kindly loaned me 4 pairs of blue jeans, I now have plenty of jeans. But other pants I don't have in such abundance. So today I wore a pair of dark brown corduroy gauchos. Only I can't call them gauchos, because technically speaking I'm not allowed to wear gauchos to work. We can wear pants, capris, cropped pants, skirts, but not gauchos. So if anyone says anything, I'll play innocent and say they're cropped pants or wide-legged capris or a divided skirt or something of that nature. Anyway, the plan was originally to wear them with my lovely winter-white brocade grannie boots. But when I donned said grannie boots, they looked completely stupid with the gauchos. So I put on the sandals. Now granted they would look a lot better if I had some color on my leg and if I had gotten around to doing my toenails and if I weren't wearing nylons. But by the time I realized I was going to wear the sandals, I was running late for being early to work, and didn't have time to undress and take off the nylons. Besides, did I mention it was cold? So I'll just look like a dork today with my nylons and sandals.
Okay. The sandals. They're sexy. You might not be able to tell it from this picture, but they are. They'd look sexier if I had color in my legs and if I had colored toenails. I will by the next time I wear them. They didn't cost me anything. Izzybella gave them to me. She no longer wanted them, for personal reasons, and thought I'd like them. She was right. I heart them. I heart them so much that I'm wearing them today in the dead of winter on a cold rainy day. With nylons.
Sorry. I can't get over the fact that I'm such a dork that I'm wearing nylons with sandals. At least they're the "sandal-foot" toe, instead of reinforced toe. I could be dorkier. Hey! I could be wearing them with white socks, which is the epitome of dorkiness. And I could pronounce epitome like "epi-tome," which I did until my grandmother kindly corrected me, because I read far too much (if there is such a thing) as a kid, and talked not much at all.
The remainder of my outfit is a lovely cream cotton camisole that's way too big for me. I heart it too, and it breaks my heart that this will be the last time I get to wear it because it's way too big for me. And over that I'm wearing a lovely green cardigan with flowers embroidered on the right front and across the back, and a strip of green velvet covering the front placket that conceals the snaps. I'm also wearing a pair of very cheap green earrings.
So there you have it. The dorkiness that is Faith.

7 comments:

Trista said...

Damn sexy, grrl!

Izzybella said...

Aw, you look cute in the slutty sandals! :)

Unknown said...

Very cute with that sandals..where did u get that pair..

Anonymous said...

They look lethal. A bug on the floor would have no chance CRUNCH!

Anonymous said...

Thay looks so beautiful

Anonymous said...

There is nothing wrong with wearing hose with open-toed sandals as long as they're sandalfoot hose. Why do you think they're called "sandalfoot" anyway? It's because you wear them with sandals.

I don't know where women get the idea that hose should not be worn with sandals. It was quite common in the U.S. until relatively recently and still is in many countries. It's also very sexy and men love it.

Anonymous said...

My wife squashed a bug with similar shoes, it made a crunch, those are sexy heels