Monday, October 30, 2006

Splish! Splash!

Do you know why babies splash in the bathtub? Because it's fun!!!

Do you know why I know that? Because I did it yesterday!!!

Every now and then I get really, really, really silly. Yesterday afternoon I was taking a long relaxing soak in the tub, and for some reason thought about how babies like to slap the water with their hands. And so I did it. And it was fun. So I just sat there and slapped the water with my hands and splashed. And it was really, really fun. And then I sang the rubber duckie song and wished I had a rubber duckie to play with.

Man, if I could just be a kid again, for a little while. Play with toys, play in the bathtub, and no one thinks you're strange.

3 comments:

Izzybella said...

Oh, dear. You are silly. That's 9/10 of the reason I like you so much, though.

Faith said...

I'm silly, she says. This from the girl who blew bubbles in MY glass of water at the restaurant. I retaliated by showing her the bite of food in my mouth (just before showing the same bite of food to my monster). She then pulled my hair while I punched her. We were all laughing hysterically, when the server came up. That poor girl--I think she probably quit yesterday. She came to our table and our monster said, "I have a favor to ask you." The girl said, "Yes?" And my sister, who dares call ME silly, looked up at our server and said, "Would you pay for our meals?" and exploded into more laughter. The server stood there staring at Izzybella with a bewildered expression on her face, wondering what train had hit her and what she had done in a previous life to deserve getting us at her table, while Dad, the Monster and I tried not to wet ourselves as we laughed ourselves silly.

Yes, Izzybella apologized. Yes, we left the server a really, really nice tip. Yes, Izzybella appologized about 7 more times.

No, the server didn't pay for our meals. We didn't really expect her to. And I can honestly tell you that Izzybella was as surprised as the server was to hear that question come out of her mouth. That's why it was so funny.

And no, the really nice tip didn't consist of taking the server aside and gently telling her that a 1/3" thick stripe of blue eyeshadow wasn't quite the thing. The tip was cash.

And I'm silly. Humph!

Izzybella said...

I never meant to imply that I *wasn't* silly.

Yes, I'm twelve. You probably had to be there for that story to be funny...