Tuesday, November 14, 2006

What's New?

A broken tooth. Well, it's not new. The tooth is slightly younger than I am, and it's been broken for a few weeks. But it's just buggin' the stink out of me! I have a huge fear of dentists, and have had one ever since a dentist extracted a tooth when I was 12 or 13 and I got a horrible infection. That means, as you might have deduced, that I only go to the dentist when something is terribly wrong. That further means that my teeth are a mess. Well, my friends, 2007 is the year! When I go to the dentist next Wednesday (yes, the day before Thanksgiving, which means that I'll successfully avoid the feast at work because my appointment is during lunch), I'll also ask for an estimate on what it will cost to get my teeth fixed. And then I'll put that much money in my healthcare account. That means I'll HAVE to get my teeth fixed, because if I don't, I forfeit the money. And then next January, I'll start going to the dentist/orthodontist/other-various-ontists as required, and maybe by the end of next year I'll have a reasonably decent set of teeth in my mouth, or else a reasonably close facsimile thereof. I joke about getting dentures, but part of me really would like to tell him to just yank 'em out, and give me dentures. The other part of me never wants to be seen without teeth in my mouth. And I do mean never. I was a little dismayed that the earliest appointment I could get was next Wednesday, but didn't see fit to complain. I asked if there is something that I can put in the broken tooth to keep food out, and was told that there is something called Tempbond or Dentemp, available at grocery stores or drugstores. Cool! I looked, but never saw any such thing. I suppose it helps to find it if one actually knows what one is looking for.

Sugar Cookie Sleigh Ride Holiday HerbTea. Again, probably not new, but I just bought a box last week at the grocery store. It's by Celestial Seasonings, and has milk thistle, roasted barley, orange peel, natural sugar cookie flavor with other natural flavors and vanilla bean. It's really good for quelling those desires for something hot and sweet in the afternoons. I just brew up a cup (or three, depending on how strong those cravings are), and stir in a little fake sugar, and my tummy is happy.

Painting by Chagall by the Weepies. Again, not new, but new to me, so I get to list it here since I'm making the rules right now. I got Trista's Crazy Mixed-Up CD while I was at the World Fantasy Convention, and I didn't get a chance to listen to it until last Friday. I love it!!!! The whole CD I mean, not just this song. She titled it "Songs You Shouldn't Listen to at 3 AM." Good title, by the way. I really like all the songs on this CD, and there are 3 songs by the Weepies. Have you heard anything by them? No? Well, what are you waiting for? Trista wrote in her liner notes that this song (Painting by Chagall) is the song that hooked her. It's a hooky song. It's the kind that I could just keep hitting the back button over and over and over and over. It's that good.

Yet another boil on my face. At least this one's on my chin. The last few have been on my nose. But still. Ugh. Boils. The last one was horrible!!! See, if I avoid squeezing them, they die faster. But the last one came to a perfectly disgusting pussy head, and I had to squeeze it to avoid grossing people out. So then it scabbed up, and bled a lot for about 4 or 5 days. It is still scabby, but it's a tiny scab now. My skin got so much better when I started Weight Watchers. I think it's getting even with me for my indiscretions that caused the 3.8 pound weight-gain. Damn skin! (Why am I cursing my skin? I should be cursing my indiscretions. If you can call Godiva cheesecake an indiscretion. Personally, I call it bliss.) Well, it's getting virtually no toxins from my food, and I haven't been wearing makeup (except to the concert the other night), so I'm hoping that the boils are about finished erupting. Maybe this one will be the last. [wayne campbell]Yeah, and monkeys might fly out of my butt.[/wayne campbell]

Another episode of Veronica Mars tonight. No need to elaborate. Just know that I'll be sitting in front of the television between 8 and 9 p.m. I'll be doing laundry before that, and will go to sleep after that.

I could probably ramble on, but I have to go to the bathroom. And you know how much water I drink, so I can't bold that. It's definitely nothing new.

1 comment:

Izzybella said...

Hey, I'm really glad you're getting your teeth fixed. I know you have an unholy terror of dentist types, but I think you will feel so great when all's said and done!