Saturday, November 18, 2006

8.6 Pounds! Squee!

I know I've blathered on about the WW Core program a few times this week. Well, that's because it works. I have felt so fantastic while eating great food and a lot less than I've been in the habit of eating. And my feelings were reinforced at weigh-in this morning. My leader's face reflected her astonishment: her eyes widened, she gasped, and I eagerly jumped up and down and demanded to know how much weight I lost.

8.6 pounds!

I got another 5-pound star, as I have now lost just over 20 pounds. I'm also 7 pounds away from my 10% goal.

It amuses me that every time I've mentioned the core program to someone at work, they immediately say that it's too limiting. I think that's the perception, but it's not the reality. To the contrary, I have found it amazingly freeing. I have had absolutely no cravings for anything unhealthy. I've eaten only the amount of food I need, and it's less than I ate even on the flex plan. It's all been fresh food, nothing processed. Although last night Joe did buy some ready-made mashed potatoes and gravy and put a little bit on my plate. I ate a few bites, and just about gagged at the amount of salt on them.

Sarah and I have been using our morning and afternoon breaks as opportunities to get in some exercise. We have a route mapped out that is about 1/2 mile, and we walk it twice a day no matter the weather.

I am determined to succeed. I know this isn't something that I will do until I hit goal. This is just how I live now until I die. And I like it. I'm going to die slim and healthy and lookin' hot!

No comments: