Thursday, November 02, 2006

Isn't it amazing . . .

. . . what a good $65 haircolor can do for you? I didn't even have the time to get a cut last night, but just getting a good haircolor job and a blowout, and I feel (and look) hot and sexy. And when you feel hot and sexy, you are hot and sexy. You carry yourself differently. You have the attitude. If someone pays you a compliment, you don't brush it off as a thing of no consequence. You say thank you, or you strut your stuff and show off for the person. It's fun. I know that my husband can go to the drugstore and get a box of L'oreal for between $7-$10 and color my hair, and do anywhere from a poor to a pretty good job. But I never feel as good after his hair color jobs as I do after I go to the salon and get pampered and spoiled for a few hours, and I never look as good, either. And hey, it's just money, right? Granted that I've got at least 10 different places to put every dollar I just spent on that haircolor job, but I need to look good and I need to feel good.

Of course, I wouldn't have gone last night had Joe not experimented with lightening my hair and really messed it all up. I don't get this obsession he has with taking my hair lighter. My skin tones look creamy when I have darker hair, and when I put some red in it, it looks even better. When I go lighter, I get this horrid washed-out look, and it's nasty. If he wanted a blonde, he should have married someone with different skin tones. But he loves me, so he's stuck! Nyah-nyah!

On other subjects, I have to go to new employee orientation at work this afternoon. Have I mentioned that yet? It's so humorous. I temped here for almost a year before they finally made me permanent. They wanted to hire me long before that, but it took them a long time to get through all the red tape to upgrade the position so they could get me the salary I wanted. So yeah, technically, I'm a new employee. But I've been here over a year now. So it's just funny. It's also really annoying that they scheduled new employee orientation when I'm coping with month-end. But corporate doesn't get our schedule, so I just have to deal with it and move on. It also doesn't help that I'm off tomorrow. That means lots of overtime next week, because I'm going to come back to a huge stack of work on Monday. But it's worth it.

When I get off work, an hour later than usual thanks to orientation, I'm going to dash by the house to see if my winter white damask grannie boots FINALLY arrived from Newport News, and then I'm driving straight to Austin. It's WFC weekend, and I'm very excited. Lots of fun sessions to attend. And last night while I was procrastinating packing, I looked up the hotel online. Wow! Nice hotel! If you're interested, check it out. It's the Marriott Renaissance in Austin. I'm sharing a room with Clover and one of her sisters, so it won't be too expensive.

I will continue to work on my book this weekend, thanks to Liz's kindness in loaning me her laptop. I'll post my progress on Monday. So send happy thoughts my way for a safe journey, and a fun time!

3 comments:

Izzybella said...

Looking forward to seeing your fabulous new do at lunch today!

Anonymous said...

Post a picture..... PLEASE.

PS, glad you did not spend $10 to log on to not see what I thought about Kerry. I wrote something now.

Faith said...

Sorry--no photos yet. I didn't get around to purchasing a memory card for my camera until after my hair got frizzy again. I uploaded my photos, and there's nary a one of myself on there. However, Clover and Heather took photos, and I know there's at least one of me and Clover together, when I was dressed up (slightly) for the banquet. So I'll post that as soon as I receive it, or else I'll get Joe to take a photo of me after I figure out how to do my hair!