Wednesday, February 15, 2006

I created my South Park character today for Trista and figured I'd share it here as well.

Sorry for the delay between posts. My company has a new, very harsh internet policy. The reason I say it's harsh is because I only have a total of 3 hours of work per day (most days), despite the fact that I have to be there for 8 hours. Until Monday morning, I had been amusing myself by blogging, reading my favorite blogs, reading books online from Blackmask or Project Gutenberg during those long slow hours when I had no work.

After two very frustrating days where I alternately did themed crossword puzzles, logic puzzles, made my loving sister amuse me by sending me a series of e-mails with an editorial from Mugglenet, I finally decided I could use up some time by getting back into a project I'm doing for my editor at Live Oak House. She asked me to translate Quo Vadis into modern English. Since I don't know Polish, I'm obviously working from an early translation into English. That doesn't mean that I don't have much to do; au contraire, I managed to keep myself busy all day with the project, and foresee that I will have plenty to do for a while. I'd like to write an introduction to this translation, exploring some of the issues as they are presented in the book as opposed to what is believed by modern scholars.

I've also been studying--somewhat--for my content area exam that I'm taking at 7:30 on Saturday morning. What possessed me to sign up for an exam at 7:30 Saturday morning? I mean, yeah, I'll be through in plenty of time to enjoy the rest of my day, but ugh--the one day I get to sleep in at least a tiny bit, and I'll have to be up at my usual workday time. Not fun.

No comments: