Thursday, May 11, 2006

My Favorite Flowers

(In case you're wondering why the bombardment of favorites lists--I'm cleaning out my e-mail, and want to delete some things from e-mail, but want to keep them for myself!)

I love roses, and I noticed yesterday that I have two roses on the bush by my front door. The flowers are a lovely yellow, with a pinkish tinge along the fringes of the petals.

And I love iris--they remind me of my Grannie, who had a huge garden full of iris.

I love daffodils, because they're so yellow and cheerful.

I love tulips, because they're so graceful and lovely.

I love lilies, because they are so graceful and beautiful. They remind me of the Savior.

I like to see lilacs blooming, with their drooping heads laden with purple flowers. And they smell so sweet.

I love lavender, for the color and the aroma.

We have a catalpa tree in our front yard, and it has huge leaves as big as dinner plates. In the spring, it blooms with these beautiful delicate flowers that look a little like orchids. They smell so sweet, and our front yard smells divine while the tree is in bloom.

I love to see magnolia blooms on the trees. The huge waxy flowers against the dark green leaves is exquisite to behold.

I love the trees that bloom with the pinky flowers. I know what they are, but I am having total brain cramps this morning, and can't remember their names. But I love to see them!

And here in Texas, I especially enjoy the wildflowers that grow along the roadways. Bluebonnets (the state flower), Indian paintbrush, and buttercups--they are so beautiful!!!

No comments: