Saturday, March 25, 2006

Resolution Check

It's time to revisit the New Year's Resolutions, and see how I am doing so far!

1. When someone cuts me off in traffic, I'll say something rude.

Check. Although my rude comments are far less profane than they used to be.

2. I'm going to read at least one book per day.

Check. And some days I read three books!

3. I'm going to read Trista's and Krista's blogs every day.

Check. I also WOULD read Wendy's blog every day, but she doesn't update very often. And please keep her in your thoughts & prayers, as she's having some concerns with her pregnancy.

4. I'm going to go to the movies once or twice a month.

I haven't done this, but mainly because there has been a dearth of movies that I've been interested enough in to go watch.

5. I won't eat oatmeal for breakfast any more!!

Check! No more oatmeal!

6. I'll watch Rugrats whenever I can.

Check, and add Jimmy Neutron.

7. When it gets warm enough to wear sandals, I'll go get a pedicure every payday.

I've only gotten to wear sandals twice, and then we got a nasty cold snap. But I'm still hopeful this will happen.

8. I'll write for at least half an hour every day.

If you count the translation work I've been doing, check. Otherwise, no.

9. I'll take a 3-day trip to Galveston this summer with my sister.

I won't know about this one until this summer.

10. I'll kiss my husband and my dog every chance I get.

Check.

11. I'll go to the fantasy writers convention in Austin in November with Clover, Liz, and Mom.

I can't report on this one until November.

12. I'll dance when I'm at the grocery store and they're playing good music (or dorky music that I like anyway).

Oh, gosh, yes. I get the strangest looks in the grocery store, and I can't figure out why until Joe or Liz points out that I'm dancing.

13. I'll tap dance in the copy room when I'm making photocopies at work.

Check.

14. When there's good cake around, I'll eat a piece.

Check, and may I say that there have been far too few pieces of good cake around!

15. I'll buy the DVD of "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire" the day it comes out, and watch it two or three times in a row, and watch all the extras.

Check!

See how much easier it is to keep your resolutions when you make them realistic? And can I also tell you how good it is that I didn't make a resolution to lose weight?

No comments: