Thursday, July 27, 2006

Meaningful Mix CD

What songs would you have on your personal "meaningful mix" CD? Here are the questions (along with my answers).

1) A favorite political track.
The Man Who Never Returned - by the Kingston Trio

2) One of those tracks that make you dance on the dancefloor no matter what.
This is embarrassing, but Pump Up the Jam - Technotronic

3) The song you’d use to tell someone you love them.
I Will Be Right Here Waiting for You - Richard Marx

4) A song that has made you sit down and analyze its lyrics.
Biko - Peter Gabriel

5) A song that you like, that a two year old would like as well.
The Rubber Duckie Song - Ernie (Sesame Street)

6) A song that gives you an energy boost.
Ballroom Blitz - Sweet

7) A song that you and your grandparents (would probably) like.
Mambo Italiano - Bette Midler

8) A song that you really liked when you were 14-16, and still really like now.
You're in My Heart - Rod Stewart. I melt every time I hear this one!

9) A sad song that would be in the soundtrack of the movie about your life.
Don't Give Up - Peter Gabriel

10) A peppy song that would start the opening credits of the movie about your life.
Break My Stride - Matthew Wilder

11) A good song from a genre of music that no one would guess that you liked.
Fibre de Verre - Paris Combo

12) A song that you think should have been playing when you were born.
Hey, Good-Lookin' - Hank Williams

13) A favorite artist duo collaboration.
Roxanne '97 - Puff Daddy, Sting

14) A favorite song that you completely disagree with (politically, morally, commonsenically,
religiously etc.)
I Won't Tell No One Your Name - GooGoo Dolls. I disagree with this from a grammatical standpoint. Yes, I'm pedantic. Deal with it!

15) The song that you like despite the fact your IQ level drops several points every time you listen to it.
Fat Bottom Girls - Queen

16) Your smooth song, for relaxing.
Stormy Weather - Joe Sample

17) A song you would send to someone you hate or are mad at.
Run, Shithead, Run - Mudhoney

18) A favorite track from an outfit considered a “super-group.”
Paperback Writer - Beatles

19) A song that makes you reminsce about good times with a family member.
Wild Thing - The Troggs.

20) Your favorite song at this moment in time.
It's a tie, both songs by the Dandy Warhols. We Used to be Friends and Bohemian Like You.

For me, this was a little tougher than I thought it would be, but fun. I think I'm going to have to make this mix CD! And I'm tagging you, Trista and Clover!

No comments: